The Ultimate Mold Education Resource (34 Articles)!
The goal of Indoor Environmental Professionals is to educate our customers about mold. We strongly believe that an educated and informed consumer can make better decisions when they have concerns about mold.
Included in this article are 34 links to articles that will help you learn about mold.
Please bookmark this page because we will update it with new articles as they are researched and published.
- Why Is Mold A Growing Concern?
What causes mold growth? What are the most common types and varieties of mold? Why should I be concerned about mold? How can I detect mold? Learn more!
- What Is A Mold Dog?
Why Is Man’s Best Friend Able To Sniff Out Mold?The purpose of this article is to explain the benefits that mold dogs offer to consumers concerned about mold. Learn more!
- Have You Watched The MOLDY Documentary?
This one hour MOLDY documentary discusses how rampant mold toxins are in homes, how to recognize their presence, and ways to eradicate them. Learn more!
- 7 Places Mold Is Found In Homes
What Should I Do If I Find Mold In My Home? Where Is Mold Growing In My Home? This article answers these questions. Learn more!
- What Happens During A Mold Inspection
Think you have mold? This article explains what exactly happens during a mold inspection and why hiring a professional is important. Learn more!
- Top 3 Factors Determining Mold Removal Cost
How Is Mold Removal Cost Determined? This article explains how, questions you need to ask, and what you should expect from an estimate. Learn more!
- Mold Inspections Are Important For Home Buyers
Is A Home Inspector Qualified To Do A Mold Inspection? This article explains why you should always submit a purchase offer subject to a mold inspection. Learn more!
- Steps Required For Mold Remediation Success
The purpose of this article is to explain what exactly happens when a mold remediation professional is hired to remove mold from your home. There are 8 steps. Learn more!
- Should I Have An Indoor Air Quality Test?
How safe is your indoor air? We spend 90% of our time indoors. This article explains why indoor air can cause sickness and corrective actions you can take! Learn more!
- Top 10 Basement Mold Prevention Tips!
How Do I Prevent Mold In My Basement? This article explains how you can prevent mold in your basement, listing the top 10 tips. Learn more!
- What Is The Link Between Mold and Asthma?
Does mold cause asthma? The purpose of this article is to explain why and how mold could have an impact on asthma. Learn more!
- Does Mold Cause Sinus Infections?
1 in 8 Americans suffers from chronic sinusitis. This article explains why mold could be the cause and what you can do to feel better. Learn more!
- Top 15 Mold Prevention Tips!
The key to mold prevention is moisture control. This article explains why, offering 15 tips to help you keep your home mold free. Learn more!
- Why Do People Get Sick From Mold?
Why do some people get sick from mold while other’s do not? The answer is based on your genetics. Learn more!
- Top Ten Mold Facts!
Did you know that most people are unaware that mold is growing in their home. This is just one of ten facts about mold you should be aware of Learn more!
- Mold Risks During Renovation!
Did you know that 6 out of 10 homes could have mold? Renovating can cause serious problems. Learn more!
- Can Mold Cause Parkinson’s Disease?
What impact does mold have on dopamine receptors? This article explores the possible links between mold and Parkinson’s Disease. Learn more!
- Can Mold Cause MS?
What impact does mold have on the myelin sheath? This article explores the possible links between mold and Multiple Sclerosis. Learn more!
- Does Mold Impact The Brain?
This article explains why mold is a potential cause of depression by citing symptoms, scientific research, and testimonials from patients sickened by mold! Learn more!
- What Is Black Mold?
We often hear about black mold in the media. This article explains what black mold is and the potential health risks. Learn more!
- Is Your Christmas Tree a Source of Mold?
1 in 3 people get sick soon after their Christmas tree is set up in the home. This article explains why and what you can do. Learn more!
- Is Mold A Concern In The Winter?
Mold is a concern during every season, including the winter. This article explains, providing you with 25 tips to prevent mold in your home during the winter. Learn more!
- Why Do Ice Dams Cause Mold?
This article explains what causes an ice dam, the potential mold concerns it causes, and how to prevent ice dams. Learn more!
- Why Does Mold Grow In My Attic?
This article lists and explains the top 4 reasons why mold will grow in your attic and how you can prevent this from happening. Learn more!
- 3 Reasons Bleach Not Recommended For Mold Removal!
Does bleach work on mold? This article explains why mold grows and the top 3 reasons why bleach is not effective on mold. Learn more!
- Is Mold Dangerous To Pregnant Women and Infants?
This article explores the possible link between mold and miscarriage, SIDS, asthma, and pulmonary hemorrhage. Learn more!
- Top 3 Reasons Your Crawlspace Has Mold!
Why Does My Crawlspace Have Mold? This article explains why your crawlspace is humid, why this leads to mold and how you can fix the problem! Learn more!
- Why Does My Crawlspace Impact Indoor Air Quality?
This article is to explains what you will find in your crawlspace, 4 clues you have issues, and the top 5 ways your crawlspace affects your home. Learn more!
- Why Does My Crawlspace Need A Vapor Barrier?
When your crawlspace is encapsulated, a vapor barrier is installed. This article explains why this is so important. Learn more!
- Could Mold Be The Cause Of ME/CFS?
Does mold cause Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)? Research suggests there is a link between mold, mycotoxins, and ME/CFS. Learn more!
- Can Mold Grow In My Air Conditioner?
Did you know that your air conditioner can be a source of mold? This article explains why and what you can do to prevent this. Learn more!
- Mold & Health: 15 Frequently Asked Questions! Over the years, we have received many inquiries about mold and the impact it has on health. This article lists the top 15 questions and answers. Learn more!
- Don’t Get Stressed Out If You Find Mold In Your Home or Business!
Finding mold in your home or business can create stress. Don’t worry. Don’t panic. In this article we explain what you should and should not do if you find mold. Learn more!
- How Safe Is The Air In Schools?
This article explores the issue of indoor air quality and specifically the problem of mold in schools. Get answers to these 5 questions. Learn more!
— Mike Lanius (@MoldHelp1) August 14, 2017